2010年8月1日日曜日

I Love the Japanese People!

Oh man, the Japanese people are amazing. Especially the Japanese members. I continue to be amazed by them. They are truly incredible. We had fast and testimony meeting today at church and there were so many people who got up to bare their testimonies: the majority of them being young adults, 15-16 year olds. I can't understand their language, but I can definitely feel their spirit. I was so grateful because we had some inactive friends come to sacrament meeting with us, Megumi and Ryoko, Mother and daughter. Ryoko is 23. I know that because these young, strong girls had the courage and strength to get up and testify, she felt the Spirit. One of the girls, Aiko Shimono, who is 15 or 16, was just baptized three months ago. She's a ward of the state. But she is one of the strongest members I know, and I want to work and study so I can be as strong and as courageous as she is. I love these people and it makes me so so sad to know that in just three short weeks I'll have to leave them. Maybe forever. But I know that I have been changed because of them, and I know who I want to be and what I have to do to get there. I wish you could all know and love them the way I do, and hopefully someday you will!




Ryoko and Megumi



Aiko Shimono

4 件のコメント:

  1. Whitney, 1. I am glad you gave into a blog. Now that I can stalk you and comment on all your blogs. :)
    2. You better comment on mine :)
    3. I am glad you blogged about these amazing ladies. They are all so wonderful. And Aiko Shimono is amazing. I love her to. I will also miss her.
    Love you.

    返信削除
  2. yea whitty i'm so glad you have a blog!

    i'm glad you are enjoying it there. you are all doing such a great job!

    返信削除
  3. Whitney! I love it! :) Keep writing!!! I'm glad you're having a good time in Japan!

    返信削除
  4. Oh I love it! I can't wait to come and see you all and meet everyone! I'm counting down... 6 days! I can't wait! I'm thrilled that you now have a blog! Way to go! Love you! See you soon! xoxo

    返信削除